Where We Invest
Off Road’s investor-base includes large family offices, investing institutions and household name high net-worth individuals from the private equity and hedge fund world. Off Road’s sophisticated and well-capitalized investor base provides access to unique opportunities and confers substantial flexibility to craft capital solutions for its partners. Off Road supports enterprises ranging from early ventures to mature, fast-growing companies. Off Road’s investor base, time horizon, agility and expertise make it an excellent partner for niche businesses and assets in need of strategic and creative capital to catalyze growth.
Off Road’s founders understand that successful business relationships must be symbiotic; Off Road strives to add value by helping prepare companies, owners, operators and managers for their next phase of growth. After investing, Off Road provides advice and support in capital allocation, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, sales and marketing and other vital initiatives.
- Investment Size: $20 - 50 million.
- Investment Durations: 2 - 10+ years.
- Capital Structure Agnostic: debt, preferred equity, straight equity, contractual cash flow instruments.
- Governance: control and minority positions with high visibility into business process with board representation if appropriate.
- Assets of Interest: credit / cash flow assets, industry niches, specialty finance/insurance, special situations, litigation claims, energy tax credits, real estate, etc.
- Markets / Industries of Interest: amusement parks, entertainment / leisure, resort/lodging, outpatient healthcare, safety equipment manufacturing, commodities, cold food storage, music streaming, oil & gas, assisted living facilities, etc.
Off Road invests in uncommon risk-return profiles that have visible returns or cash flow streams and inherent value that can be identified with probing research, an examination of history and high-touch fact-finding. Off Road works directly with enterprises to identify and leverage value drivers. These catalysts can include underappreciated market shifts / dynamics, emerging secular trends or new regulatory regimes or mechanisms, such as Opportunity Zones.